Developers need API management to help publish, document, share, discover, and use APIs with rich controls and comprehensive security. Gloo Portal simplifies API management and easily integrates into GitOps, CI/CD workflows and popular Internal Developer Portals. Gloo Portal is an included component of Gloo Platform.
Up Your API Management Game
Define application policies, including access, routes, policies, and configurations
Get a graph of activity for show-back and charge-back of API usage
Improve developer productivity for API producers and consumers with self-service
Enable DevOps and CI/CD Workflows
Would you like to document, expose, compose, and share APIs for use in your continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines? How would your life be better if you could easily enable authentication/authorization, usage plans and policies, self-service documentation, and self-service sign up for your APIs?
An API developer portal is the tool you need to start getting your APIs under control.
Introducing Gloo Portal
Fully integrated with Gloo Platform, Gloo Portal abstracts the management complexity and enables developers to publish, document, share, discover, and use APIs with rich controls, detailed configuration information, and comprehensive security. You can define application policies that affect the service mesh itself, including access, routes, policies, and configurations, making self-service a reality.
- Rich policy controls
- Detailed configuration information
- Comprehensive security
Is it time to manage your APIs with Gloo Portal?Gloo Portal Documentation
Built for API Producers and API Consumers
Control exactly how your APIs can be used
- Configure detailed policies for rate-limiting, failover, load-balancing, and other behavior
- Set up safe guardrails and boundaries for consumers
- Create CRDs and manage Istio directly for all your apps and clusters
- Use with Enterprise versions of both Gloo Mesh and Gloo Edge, and extend with WebAssembly
Simplified, centralized Istio and Envoy management
- Easy deployment via Kubernetes tooling
- Configuration via Custom Resource Definitions (CRDs)
Document helpful details for your users
- List versioning and history
- Point to more documentation
Discover published APIs in one place
- Browse via a rich graphical user interface
- Explore from the CLI
- Read about versions and history
- Get pointed directly to the relevant docs
Enjoy full self-service as you build
- Be agile, autonomous, and more productive in a CI/CD or GitOps model
- No delays waiting on the integration team
- Understand exactly how to call and run an API safely for cross-cluster policies, config, and awareness
- Connect, test, and call services with confidence
Have full visibility into your complex applications
- See which APIs you’ve used and how much
- Understand your application connectivity in a clear diagram
- Observe traffic and quickly troubleshoot issues
Ready for how you operate
Gloo Portal makes sharing and managing access to your APIs easy, with built-in security and granular control. Backstage by Spotify, the leading open source internal developer platform (IDP), helps teams catalog and discover a myriad of other organizational development resources, such as documentation and standard templates. On their own, they are each excellent tools, but together, they unlock the potential for developers to create incredible experiences for your customers and break down the barriers that prevent high-quality and agile development.
Gloo Portal now offers a plugin for Backstage so that you can manage and test your APIs in the same interface as the rest of your crucial development resources. A unified interface streamlines deployments and gets your great ideas into the market faster.
Not sure what an API Gateway is or how it can help?Learn about 5 key capabilities of API gateways
GraphQL is a query language for your APIs with a server for fulfilling queries from your user interfaces, providing a more powerful and flexible alternative to REST for pulling data from your microservices. Instead of multiple endpoints that return fixed data structures, a GraphQL server only exposes a single endpoint and responds with precisely the data a client requested.
Gloo GraphQL is another module that can be added to Gloo Platform to further simplify your API consumption.
- Embeds a GraphQL server natively into Envoy enabling federated queries of your APIs using your service mesh and API gateways.
- Improves performance by eliminating the additional network hop to a separate GraphQL server
- No additional GraphQL servers required!
Discover more from our webinars and workshopsFind a Webinar or Workshop