API gateways for next-generation cloud applications
API gateways have become a critical component of cloud-based microservices architecture, allowing organizations to improve their digital capabilities and deliver innovative solutions by automating many API call operations.
In our latest ebook, “API Gateways: Productivity, Resilience, and Security for Next-Generation Cloud Applications,” we explain why API gateways matter now more than ever, and describe the technical details, benefits, and real-life examples to help you understand their value.
As microservice architectures are increasingly adopted, new challenges arise:
- Each microservice could lead to unwieldy bureaucratic processes
- Infrastructures are often more complex, making management more difficult
- Microservices must be able to scale to handle high levels of traffic
- Best practices are constantly evolving.
An API gateway solution resolves all of these problems – in a single location – reducing the need for manual intervention and increases productivity, resilience, and security.
Solving microservice challenges with API gateways
API gateways provide a unified interface for accessing, managing, and deploying microservices. Some of their key features include:
- Traffic management: Acting as a single entry point for all client requests and helping regulate traffic.
- Security: Enforcing authentication, authorization, and encryption.’
- Extensibility: Serving as an intermediary between the external client and the microservices by providing additional functionality and improving the overall user experience.
- Developer portal and process: Simplifying building and deploying microservices by managing their lifecycles.
Their importance will continue to grow and evolve as microservice architecture does. And your organization can be ready.
To further delve into the world of API gateways – and see how Solo.io can help – download the ebook “API Gateways: Productivity, Resilience, and Security for Next-Generation Cloud Applications” today.BACK TO BLOG