June 2020 Upcoming Events
It’s been awhile since we’ve posted about upcoming events as the world has adjusted from in person to virtual events during the pandemic. Our team has been hard at work to publish videos and give talks on livestreams and webinars so that as a technology community we can continue to engage and learn together. This month’s featured events are a collection of requests that have come from the community, customers and the ecosystem. We hope to see you online — and make sure to send in any suggestions or requests.
The June 2020 lineup includes:
- June 16: CNCF Member Webinar – Multicluster Service Mesh Patterns, Operations and Extensibility with WebAssembly
- June 17: Service Mesh Hub Community Meeting
- June 23: Hoot [Episode 12] – API Gateway Architecture Deep Dive and Gloo
- June 25: Advanced Rate Limiting Use Cases with Envoy Proxy
Scroll down to learn more and to register. See you soon!
June 16: CNCF Member Webinar – MultiCluster Service Mesh Patterns, Operations and Extensibility with WebAssembly
Designing, building and operating applications for cloud-native infrastructure that are resilient, scalable, secure, and meet compliance and IT objectives gets complicated. A reality for the organizations with which we work is the fact they need to run across a hybrid deployment footprint, not just Kubernetes. Service mesh helps solve these challenges but still require customization at the organization or per cluster level.
Join us for a practical session that covers:
- * Multi-cluster design patterns with Kubernetes and Service Mesh
* Service discovery, identity federation and more in a multi-cluster world
* How WebAssembly simplifies Envoy based service mesh customization
* Live demos and Q&A
June 17: Service Mesh Hub Community Meeting
At the request of the growing Service Mesh Hub community, we are excited to kick off the bi-weekly community meetings to answer questions, discuss and prioritize the roadmap and to provide a forum for the community to exchange ideas and work together. Since announcing and open sourcing Service Mesh Hub in April, there’s been a lot of questions and discussion in slack and we wanted to provide a way to share all the discussions, in the open with the community. Check the link for the meeting agenda, zoom link, Code of Conduct and contribution guide.
June 23: Hoot [Episode 12] API Gateway Architecture Deep Dive and Gloo
This is our final episode in the series “Networking at the Edge – Proxies, Ingress and API Gateways” with an architectural comparison of the API Gateways we have unboxed so far and a deep dive on Gloo.
June 25: Advanced Rate Limiting Use Cases with Envoy Proxy and Gloo
Rate limiting is a strategy that can prevent service outages by protecting the service from being overrun with more requests than it’s resources can process and respond to within the agreed service levels. Rate limits can be set to limit the number of times the service can be called (per second, minute, hour) within a specified time period (total received in a day, week, month).
Attend this session to learn how to leverage Envoy Proxy at the edge to implement advanced rate limiting use cases:
- Configure multiple rate limits per client
- Secure rate limit actions with JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- Combine rate limits with WAF and Auth
- Gloo control plane to manage Envoy configurations
- Live demos and Q&A