Solo.io Unveils First Industry Service Mesh Hub to Accelerate Adoption, Advance Innovation and Faster Collaboration
May 15, 2019
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., May 15, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Solo.io, the software company that helps organizations adopt and operate innovative cloud native technologies, today announced the first industry hub dedicated to service mesh: https://servicemeshhub.io. Service Mesh Hub makes it easy for end users to adopt and operate mesh architecture in any environment including hybrid and multi-cloud and enables community collaboration to build and share tools that enhance the functionality of meshes including Istio, Linkerd, Envoy, AWS App Mesh, HashiCorp Consul and more. The Service Mesh Hub will be showcased next week at KubeCon EU 2019 in Barcelona.
Service mesh is an innovative cloud native technology for application level networking of microservices. End users looking to adopt service mesh are facing challenges including which mesh to choose, how to set them up, manage different use cases, which tools to use with their mesh and how to operate them across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
“We believe that an active community and ecosystem is critical in helping organizations adopt modern technologies. The vision for Service Mesh Hub is more than technology, it is to support the end user through their entire adoption lifecycle from exploration, proof of concept, integration and through to production for their service mesh environment,” said Idit Levine, founder and CEO of Solo.io.
The core elements of the Service Mesh Hub announced today, include:
- Service Mesh Dashboard: A single pane of glass for the end user to view and operate all of their meshes across vendors and clouds, configurations, health status, ecosystem extensions and services deployed to the meshes.
- Service Mesh Installation and Discovery: Automatically discovers existing mesh environments and their configurations or makes new mesh implementation easier with an installer.
- Service Mesh Configuration: Simplify and automate the configuration management workflow across different mesh providers and environments.
- Service Mesh Extensions Catalog: Enables the 3rd party vendor and open source community to share their tools with end users that extend their environment with a mesh aware recommendation engine and extensions installer.
- Visit the Service Mesh Hub
- Read the Blog on the Service Mesh Hub
- Join the Service Mesh Hub Webinar on June 6th at 10am PT
Solo.io develops open source and enterprise software that helps enterprises adopt and operate innovative cloud native technologies like microservices, serverless and service mesh. Founded in 2017 in Cambridge, MA, Solo.io is backed by Redpoint Ventures and True Ventures. For more information, visit https://www.solo.io/ or follow @soloio_inc.