Upstream Groups and more — Weekly Solo.io Gloo Release Summary
- This week’s release summary includes an exciting feature: Upstream Groups. For details on how it works check the 5 Minutes with Gloo blog on UpstreamGroups
- Subset Load Balancing — organize Kubernetes Pods in subsets to then route to the subsets, check the docs here.
During the last week, we’ve had a total of 4 releases (v0.13.6, v0.13.7, v0.13.8, v0.13.9)
Use updated envoy for upstream bug fix. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo/issues/635)
- Export proxy url function for other projects. (https://github.com/solo-io/supergloo/issues/316)
- glooctl prints more informative error messages in a variety of cases where insufficient args or commands were provided. (https://github.com/solo-io/solo-projects/issues/404)
- Add upstream groups to ingress and knative roles. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo/issues/645)
- fix uds race with multiple starts (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo/issues/631)
- Ability to re-try on a virtual host level. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo/issues/641)
- Add glooctl proxy address option to return proxy address (host:port). (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo/issues/643)
- Allow enabled http 1.0 support in Envoy. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo/issues/635)
- Allow configuring upstream groups for routes. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo/pull/601)
- Allow doing user-defined subset load balancing. (https://github.com/solo-io/gloo/pull/601)
- No breaking changes this week.
Talk to us
We are always active and available on our Slack to discuss and help you in your journey adopting Gloo. See you there!