API Gateways provide functionality like rate limiting, authentication, request routing, reporting, and more. Specifically at the edge, API Gateways solve application-level concerns like aggregation, transformation, deeper context or content-based routing, and support self-service GitOps workflows.
This workshop includes a combination of presentation, demos, and hands-on tutorials on the following concepts using Gloo Edge:
- Kubernetes and non-Kubernetes service routing
- Security at the edge with WAF, Auth, Encryption, and more
- Configuring traffic policies like rate limiting
- Developer Portal to catalog and expose APIs externally
- Federation for multi-cluster management
- System observability and tuning
Field Engineer, Solo.io
Event Landing Page FAQ
This workshop is intended for developers and DevSecOps engineers who are interested in improving the setup, operation, and security posture of API gateways in a modern application network.
The workshop is approximately 2.5 hours and includes hands-on labs.
No, the workshop is free.