Solo.io is a startup in Cambridge, Massachusetts laser-focused on creating software to help simplify the journey to adopting and scaling cloud-native applications. We specialize in Envoy Proxy, Istio, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, and ways to make those technologies easier to use and help large distributed applications scale.
We are looking for customer-centric sales leaders who are passionate about driving cloud infrastructure adoption. This candidate would drive sales and business development efforts of Solo.io’s products in their geographic region, utilizing both inbound and outbound sales strategies. They would lead customer adoption and company growth of Istio/Envoy based cloud infrastructure service mesh and edge API gateway solutions.
We are looking for self-driven individuals with a keen sense of market trends to strategically position our products and solutions.
If you’ve got a passion for cloud native technology, a desire to help others, and want to expand your impact, we want to talk to you. This role is highly specialized sales and business development in a fast-growing technology startup.
- Own business growth and market expansion for geographic region
- Develop strong relationships with customers, field engineering and engineering teams
- Manage all pre-sales activities as well as maintain healthy post-sales relationship
- Help ensure customer satisfaction pre- and post-sales and contribute to customer success
- Coordinate and manage prospect activities including POCs, demos, trials, etc.
- Self-starter on staying current with fast-moving additions to Solo.io products and related technologies such that you’re able to converse and write about
- Manage stressful situations with calm professionalism, empathy, and compassion
- Actively engage with the Solo.io community and related partners and industry leaders
- Partner with Field Engineering to evangelize Solo.io products and related technology through attending speaking engagements (conferences, meetups, webinars) and promoting content (blogs, articles) as needed
- 5+ years of business dev and sales experience with cloud technologies
- 3+ years of experience driving adoption of new cloud dev-ops technologies
- A proven, consistent track record of exceeding quota and plan targets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Willingness to travel up to 30-50% (~new normal post COVID)
Job Locations: Singapore, Germany, Norway, NAM
Solo.io embraces diversity and equal opportunity.