We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Representative to join our fast-growing company, with huge career growth opportunities for the right candidate. Working in a small and supportive, high-performing team, you will be provided with the right tools, ongoing training, and customer/admin support to help you manage and close business opportunities. Expand and grow your career within Solo.io where you will gain extensive knowledge from industry experts and leaders. Although we have experienced tremendous growth, we maintain a vibrant and enjoyable company culture, and those who excel in our highly meritocratic and fast-paced environment will be generously rewarded.
Solo builds state of the art products to help enterprises modernize their cloud infrastructure and build applications they need to connect, manage, and secure complex application traffic. We are recognized as industry experts on the latest technologies such as Istio, Envoy and Kubernetes and are proudly considered trailblazers in our industry.
As a Business developer, you are responsible for expanding Solo’s customer base.
- You will create, manage and develop new business client opportunities, from cold-calling to close of business, working alongside an experienced Sales team.
- Generate Leads – Develop a database of clients through cold-calling segmented by industry sector and by foreign exchange turnover, as well as trade finance perspective.
- Win business and create opportunities – Manage account relationships to speed up lead conversion.
- Increase your market knowledge and develop relationships with clients by keeping them up to date with our latest technologies.
- Attend networking events where potential new business opportunities could be pursued.
- Research the client and sector to identify possible client needs and solutions Solo can offer.
- Present Solo’s products and services to prospects and create solutions requirements.
Your performance as a New Business Developer will be measured in terms of new business generation, activity and quality performance targets. The revenue generated from the accounts you bring on for the company will gauge your performance. Over time Business Developers can move into more senior sales positions, from industry sector specialist to Head of Desk, or progress into a dealing or account management role. The speed of progression is dependent on performance and capability.
- 2+ years experience within a technical B2B Sales environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Financial Services or similar
- Committed to developing a successful career within Solo sales and have a strong, self-motivated work ethic.
- Be someone who seizes opportunities to learn and progress and who wants to join us on the next exciting phase of our growth.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable commercial experience
- Interest in and/or a basic knowledge of finance and/or economics
- Research skills
- Commercial acumen and ambition
Solo offers competitive salary along with a generous benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.