Solo.io is a startup in Cambridge, Massachusetts laser-focused on creating software to help simplify the journey to adopting and scaling cloud-native applications. We specialize in Envoy Proxy, Istio, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, and ways to make those technologies easier to use and help large distributed applications scale.
We are looking for customer-centric technologists with a passion to help companies learn, adopt, and scale their applications with the Solo.io product portfolio. If you have a knack for solving complex problems, and combine technical knowledge with exceptional communications skills to provide both internal and external advice and like to support customers throughout the lifecycle, then Solo.io is the place for you. We are looking for people who are as excited about cloud native, distributed systems technology as we are and want to evangelize it to the world.
If you’ve got a passion for cloud native technology, a desire to help others, and are interested in expanding your impact, we want to talk to you. This role is highly specialized customer support in a fast-growing technology startup.
- Qualify sales opportunities by leveraging technical expertise to understand business problems
- Build and conduct product demonstrations both virtual and in-person
- Plan and execute proofs of value to validate Solo.io solutions within customer environments
- Proactively guide customers through their architectural and product setup and decisions
- Develop strong relationships with customers, sales and product teams
- Contribute to Solo.io projects by submitting issues, pull requests and documentation
- Stay current with fast-moving additions to Solo.io products and related technologies to maintain domain expertise and credibility
- Manage stressful situations with calm professionalism, empathy, and compassion such as support production issues or high-visibility proofs of value
- Actively engage with the Solo.io community and related open source projects to foster adoption and grow external contributions
- Work with Sales to help evangelize Solo.io products and related technology through speaking engagements (conferences, meetups, webinars) and content (blogs, articles) as needed
- At least four years of experience supporting a technical sales process
- At least two years of hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of Go, Java, Node.js or related, modern programming language
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system
- Understanding of modern, cloud-native application architectures
- Experience responding to RFIs and/or RFPs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales acumen
Willingness to travel up to 50% (post COVID)
Locations: United Kingdom