Solo.io is a modern software company delivering application programming interface (API) infrastructure software to corporations’ DevOps teams. Our software makes it easy for architects and engineers to manage application traffic in a complex enterprise setting.
Solo builds on open source Envoy Proxy and Istio to give you comprehensive API gateways and service meshes that work everywhere, at any scale.
Founded in 2017 in Cambridge, MA, Solo is backed by Redpoint Ventures and True Ventures.
Solo.io, a hyper-growth company located in Cambridge, MA, is looking for a controller to be the founding member of the company’s internal accounting team. Reporting to the CFO, this position will initially collaborate with our external accounting team while growing an internal team. The position provides an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a high-growth SaaS startup that recently completed a $135M Series C funding round. The position has high exposure to the executive team, as well as investors.
- Working with our external accounting team and eventually hiring internal accounting resources
- Full-cycle accounting including ASC 606, ASC 350, ASC 842
- Building out processes for A/R, A/P, rev rec, and sales tax compliance
- Consolidation of financial statements from international entities. Solo currently has many international employees but uses a PEO model for payroll (subject to change)
- Responsible for owning the month-end and quarter-end close process, with high level of integrity, and ad hoc requests from the CFO
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting, managing budgets, trends, forecasts, and provides visibility to C-Suite regarding variances, deviations, and forecasts accuracy
- Managing the company’s external audit. In addition, the position will also aid in choosing an auditor for the company
- Developing technical memos related to ASC 606 and ASC 350
- Hiring and supervising a world-class accounting team
- Collaborating with FP&A on variance analyses and ad hoc analyses
- 8+ years experience in finance and accounting leadership, CPA, Big 4 background, preferred
- Experience with SaaS and with startup companies
- CPA and public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Preferred to have some experience with SEC company reporting and requirements (worked on IPO or similar)
- Proficiency with Quickbooks, NetSuite, Avalara, A/P systems, and other useful accounting software
- Google Suite and Microsoft Office proficiency (with mastery of Excel and Google Sheets)
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced SaaS Tech Startup environment and to prioritize & manage multiple projects
Solo.io embraces diversity and equal opportunity.