News Digest: Aug 14th 2020
The cloud native ecosystem moves fast; especially in the area of service mesh. With lots of news, interviews, and tutorials about microservices, Envoy proxy and service mesh.
Semaphore Uncut Episode #17 | Listen Now
Idit Levine shares insights on what’s next in service mesh solutions. We dig into the importance of the network for distributed systems, the evolution of API gateways, the cutting edge of service mesh infrastructure, and more.
POPCast by Dan Papandrea – In episode 28 titled Service Mess? Service Mesh Mastery, Pop interviews Idit Levine about service mesh (what is it and why it’s important), innovation happening in the space with federation and WebAssembly, Istio and foundations, Israeli tech companies (innovation and startups), and her career in professional basketball before getting into software.
Nobl9 Interview Series by Kit Merker. This episode features a chat with Idit Levine on Istio, Linkerd, Envoy Proxy, and her perspective of the service mesh
- Business Insider: 24 Top Cloud Infrastructure Startups, according to VCs
- The New Stack: Gloo Federation Brings Unified Control Plane, Stitchable APIs Across Multicluster Deployments
- SiliconANGLE: Solo.io Pitches Unified Control Layer for Application Traffic with Gloo Federation
- The CTO Advisor: Securing the Data Center from Serverless Functions
- Tech Beacon: 9 open source service meshes compared
- InfoQ Podcast: Lin Sun and Neeraj Poddar Discuss istiod, Wasm, and Multi-Cluster Support
- SD Times: Guest View – 5 reasons to be excited about Istio’s future
- The New Stack: Google’s Management of the Istio Service Mesh Raises Questions in the Cloud-Native Community
- Container Journal: Google Proposes Changes to Istio Steering Committee
- Tech Target: Microsoft unveils Open Service Mesh, vows donation to CNCF
- Redmond Mag: Microsoft Unveils Open Service Mesh Project for Use with Kubernetes
Coffee and Cloud Native Livestream
Adrian Goins from Rancher livestreams daily chats of what’s happening. Check out Episode 5 for Gloo Federation, Episode 12 that covers Gloo 1.4.8 and Episode 15 which includes Open Service Mesh, SMI, and Service Mesh Hub.
- Multi-Cluster Istio 1.5 with Private GKE Clusters and Google Cloud Internal Load Balancer
- How to Add Header Security to an Istio Application with an Envoy WASM Filter (without changing a single line of code!)
Have a tutorial or article to share? Send them to us at email@example.com and join the slack to start a discussion and engage with the community. Visit our website and attend an upcoming event to learn more about Solo.io and our open source and enterprise technology including: Gloo API gateway, Service Mesh Hub, and WebAssembly Hub.